Here's how to look instantly dead or undead like the picture to the right:
1. For the face: Lightly brush dark shadows with shades of black, brown, and grey around and especially under your eyes, on your temples, on each side of the nose, under the cheek bones (suck your cheeks in and trace the line from your upper ear fading to the outer crease of your lips.) Next, shade in your neck from the outer jaw bones down in a "v" shape to your trachea. Any other shading is up to you!
3. Blood: lightly trace uneven blood drips down from the corners of the mouth. Make one side of the mouth with a little more blood spilling out and only a little out of the other. Use a red or burgundy lip liner to draw the blood, then add a powder or shadow of similar shades over the lip liner to seal in the color. For a more detailed look, have the blood be different shades in different areas. You can also use the same technique for blood coming out of the eyes, I recommend only using the inner corner of the eyes where the tear ducts are, it will look more natural.
4. Cuts: You can use the same methods above to create cuts and bruises.
1. Use brightly colored eye shadows like yellow, green, blue, and purple.
2. Don't forget to use black eyeliner and mascara or false lashes to finish the eyes.
3. Color the lips with similar bright colors. I used shades of purple and blue eye liner then sealed the color with similar shiny iridescent shades.
Buy a couple different shades of loose sequins from a craft store. I used emerald green and an iridescent white. Apply them to the skin by using false eyelash glue. I used a clear glue called brush on ModLash adhesive by Andrea which can be found at local drug stores. Put the sequins on a portion of one side of the face (pictured above-right) and a few on the cheek bone on the other side. I also put patches on my chest, collar bone, upper arm and thigh.
And Voila! You're a mermaid!